Monday, October 17, 2011

halloween flashback - 2008

apparently i dated all these photos a year off when i saved them to my computer, but they're really 2008 once i did the math. anyways, round 2 of halloween flash back comes from my retail mall working days. we (ariana & i) were schedualed to work on halloween, and needed some pretty much awesome costumes. with the help of t-shirts, fabric, and a little this a that, batwoman and superwoman shirts were created.
to do the fronts, I used fabric pieces and wonder under to get the "logo" look. google images got me an image for each logo, and i traced them on the outer fabric. once ironed down, i zigzagged the raw edges to keep them from fraying. instead of machine stitching them to the shirt, i used a whip stitch, incase for some reason i wanted to take the logo off and use the shirt for something else... but as you can see, three years later they are still intact.
the headband was an oval shape i threw together and made work, with a piece of elastic going from end to end. the cape was another super easy addition. it was made from a yard of fabric folded lengthwise after hemming the edges. a small casing was put in to string a piece of elastic through, and then safety pinned to the collar edge on the shirt. yes, there were "in action" photos taken that day, but my camera didn't have a memory card in it... three years later, they're still stuck on the internal memory because i cannot find the usb cable. these lovely "action" shots were taken for my birthday :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha I was looking at my shirt the other day. LOVE it thanks again! =)
    By the way, I switched my blog to blogger, so now I can follow you without having to search you! yay!

    ReplyDelete