Tuesday, April 2, 2013

day 1:30 - 30 day challenge

so i literally JUST read stephanie's 30 day challenge blog post, and i am already hooked on the idea.  especially since this is my "personal-ish" blog, and i have barely made it more than 2 or 3 posts in the last month.  so here goes, 30 day challenge attempt.  hopefully we'll all be here at the end of the month!
day 1:  introduce yourself, recent photo & 15 facts
so if this is your first time here, my name is emily...  and i think i'm pretty cool.  i'm an aspiring wedding photographer that currently teaches dance classes and works at a play center.
apparently there is no photo evidence of me in 2013... so here you get my 2012 birthday.  i'm on the right, red sweater i hijacked from my sister.
1. i'm 24, 5'11", & just bought my first pair of "big girl" high heels this year.
2. i've never broken a bone, but i did get lucky enough to have 4 or 5 stitches in my hand in 2002.
3. my cat hates me.  no seriously.  he runs when i enter the room.
4. i laughed way to hard at this video and probably made the boyfriend concerned for his safety.
5. i go through crafting phases.  for awhile i feel like sewing, and then scrapbooking, and then nothing.
6. all time favorite band:  fall out boy.  so glad they're off hiatus and making music again
7. i had the same photography professor at CSU Sacramento that my dad did when he went there.
8. two movies i really don't like that everyone else seems to love: 50 first dates & groundhog's day
9. i've been dancing since i was 3, teaching since i was 15.  i currently teach 7 classes a week.  my kidlets are super important to me
10. i LOVE tlc wedding shows.  and david tutera...  and what not to wear.  basically i like my reality tv in the form of pretty dresses & $5000 shopping trips, with the occasional tiara wearing toddler or gypsy thrown in.
11. i might play a popular online game...  but not saying straight out what one it is...  hah.
12. i have a habit ever since graduating high school of growing out my hair and then chopping it off when i get 10 inches and bored of it to donate to locks of love.  right now i'm stuck in the not short/not long enough part where i just want to cut it off.
13. i've never had novocaine to numb my mouth when getting a filling at the dentist.  like a boss.
14. sarcasm is quite often what comes out of my mouth.  sometimes i have to gauge my audience before i let things fly out.
15. i'm very internet involved.  i love my social networking sites more for being able to be "in the know" of what it going on with people i grew up with, went to high school with, etc.  facebook, twitter, instagram...  i even have google plus and a myspace account still.
come back tomorrow, and we'll have more to share!  i hope i can lure some of you in to do this with us :)

1 comment: